Endodontics is a specialty branch in dentistry devoted to caring for the tissues in the innermost part of the tooth, otherwise known as the pulp. The most common treatment associated with endodontics is a root canal. If you would like to better understand of the basic facts on root canals, read on:
– Drs. Abdelmonem and Giorgio trained to save broken or damaged teeth that otherwise would probably need to be extracted by performing a root canal.
– A root canal consists of removing the inner pulp from the tooth in cases where it has been infected, so as to save the tooth.
– After a person’s tooth is fully grown, it can survive without its pulp.
– It is not uncommon for teeth that have had a root canal treatment to last a lifetime.
– By saving a tooth with root canal treatment, your tooth will be better able to comfortably chew foods, will still look natural, and will keep your other teeth healthy and free of the dangers that come with missing teeth.
– Each year in the United States, dentists save millions of teeth with root canal therapy.
Don’t wait until it’s too late for a root canal. To learn more and to schedule your next visit with our dentists in Pembroke Pines, Florida, we invite you to contact Pembroke Square Dental at 954-437-6400 today. We look forward to seeing you soon!